Cavan LEADER funded projects
LEADER funding making a big impact in County Cavan LEADER funding making a big impact in County Cavan
Cavan LEADER Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2014-2020 was launched late in 2016 and to-date funding approvals are fast approaching €2 million out of a total budget of €6.5 million for projects (Oct’18). A number of community and enterprise projects throughout county Cavan are currently benefiting from the funding available through LEADER, administered by Breffni Integrated CLG. Below is an example of one such community project which was supported under the Rural Towns measure of the Cavan LEADER programme:
Dowra Playground LEADER Project Dowra Playground LEADER Project
A hard working community group from Dowra have recently received their LEADER grant payment towards completing their communities first playground (Oct’18). Dowra Resource Centre Limited established in 1999 have successfully obtained funds for the development of a resource centre and a number of other community amenities over the years. This new playground is an important new development for the community as prior to this project there was no designated safe area for children in the Dowra area to play. Patricia O’Rourke, Secretary of Dowra Resource Centre was buoyant about the new playground for which they are planning an official opening in the coming weeks. Patricia stated that ‘it was a long-term dream among the community to have a playground in Dowra and LEADER made it happen’.
Dowra Resource Centre received €16,594.50 LEADER funding at a 75% rate towards the cost of developing the new playground including the fencing and six pieces of play equipment. The local community matched funded the remaining 25% from a combination of fundraising and their own resources. The groundwork’s for the development of the playground also received support initially through CLÁR funding.
Mr. Fintan McCabe Chair of Cavan LAG stated that he was ‘delighted to see the benefits of LEADER funding being returned to a rural community such as Dowra who continue to strive to enhance their community amenities for all in the community’.
Breffni Integrated CLG who implement LEADER 2014 – 2020 in County Cavan are keen to point out that LEADER funding is now available to enterprise, tourism, environmental and community based projects. A number of information events will be held across county Cavan in the coming month and further information is available here on our website. If you have a project idea, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the LEADER staff to discuss your idea further on 049-4331029 – select option 3 or email: email@example.com
Cavan LEADER Local Action Group (LAG) is administering the LEADER Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2014-2020 in County Cavan for the Department of Rural and Community Development, and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. County Cavan Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) is operating as the LAG for the County. Breffni Integrated CLG the Local Development company for County Cavan is the implementing partner and Cavan County Council is the lead financial partner.
Pictured above are the participants who completed a 6 week pilot employment training programme for under 25s. The programme commenced on the 22 May with 9 participants.read more
The Minister for Rural and Community Development, Mr Michael Ring TD, on Friday 20th April, 2018 announced a major investment by the Government to tackle disadvantage in Ireland. The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP), which is overseen by the Department of Rural and Community Development, will provide €190 million over five years (2018-2022) to support the most disadvantaged individuals and communities in our society.read more
The play follows the ups and downs of a young woman’s relationship as it goes from being near perfect to becoming an impossible nightmare. The production explores the issue of abusive relationships among young people. It was developed in consultation with the Youth Action NI Safe and Sound Project, NSPCC and pupils at Oakgrove Integrated College in 2012.read more
- Unit 6A, Corlurgan Business Park, Ballinagh Road, Cavan, County Cavan. Tel: 049 4331029 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org LEADER email: email@example.com
- House No. 1, Realtog Centre, Upper Main Street, Kilnaleck, Co. Cavan. Tel: 049 4336070
- Unit 5, Blacklion Enterprise Centre, Belcoo Road, Blacklion, Co. Cavan Tel: 071 9853321
- Beckscourt Centre, Beckscourt View, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan. Tel 042 969 4825