Tús is a Department of Social Protection activation initiative for people who are long-term unemployed and in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance. It was launched in December 2010. Breffni Integrated run the TÚS Initiative in County Cavan.
It involves participants working 19.5 per week for a Local Community Group (LCG) or Voluntary Organisation for 1 year. Participants gain the many benefits from being in work, and community and voluntary organisations benefit from the skills and experience that the participants can bring. Tús has both an urban and rural focus and builds on the model of the Rural Social Scheme.
You can find out more about the TÚS Initiative by contacting our Cavan office on our Contact page. If you would like to be considered to host a placement you can fill in the Expression of Interest Form.
Organisations eligible to participate shall be
- Community, voluntary and not-for-profit in nature; and
- Have a recognised informal or formal/legal structure (parish/community committee, a company limited by guarantee, not-for-profit co-operative or friendly society where profits or surpluses are not distributed to members, registered charities, trade, sporting, cultural or other associations); and
- Have a track record of working with or providing services to and within their communities; and
- Have a capability of managing the candidate in the placement with the supervisory support of Breffni Integrated CLG.
- Breffni Integrated CLG and its subsidiaries are considered eligible.
- Community organisations engaged in the provision of local services with the support of other publicly supported programmes such as the Community Services Programme, Community Employment Programme, Jobs Initiative and/or the Rural Social Scheme, and voluntary organisations funded by the Health Services Executive or by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs are considered eligible insofar as the placements do not displace or substitute employment supported under other programmes.
- Individuals, private or public bodies, schools, colleges and commercial entities (for profit bodies or organisations) are not eligible to participate.
Proposals for possible work opportunities must fall within the following broad categories:
- Energy conservation work in homes and community buildings;
- Social care of persons of all age groups and persons with a disability or with limited mobility;
- Caretaking, securing, supervising of community buildings and spaces;
- Renovation of community, recreation and sporting facilities, including their regeneration and enhancement;
- Work in support of the promotion of the Irish language, other cultural and heritage activities;
- Community administration, research, and community event management;
- Coaching for sporting activity (where operated by designated sporting organisations);
- Repair of equipment for the developing world – farm tools, bicycles, computers, sewing machines, health equipment.
LEADER Targeted Call 2019: for ‘Community Information Communication Technology (ICT) Infrastructure’
Targeted (time limited) call for ‘Community Information Communication Technology (ICT) Infrastructure’ is now open. This call is for community groups to submit an 'Expression of Interest' for ICT equipment which is for the use and benefit of the local community. This...
Breffni Integrated CLG are in the process of organizing a series of 4 x ‘Introduction to Biodiversity Training’ courses in 4 different community venues throughout county Cavan. Each course will be run over 8 weeks and it will be based in community centres where the...
Pictured above are the participants who completed a 6 week pilot employment training programme for under 25s. The programme commenced on the 22 May with 9 participants.
- Unit 6A, Corlurgan Business Park, Ballinagh Road, Cavan, County Cavan. Tel: 049 4331029 Email: email@example.com LEADER email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- House No. 1, Realtog Centre, Upper Main Street, Kilnaleck, Co. Cavan. Tel: 049 4336070
- Unit 5, Blacklion Enterprise Centre, Belcoo Road, Blacklion, Co. Cavan Tel: 071 9853321
- Beckscourt Centre, Beckscourt View, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan. Tel 042 969 4825