Breffni Integrated CLG are in the process of organizing a series of 4 x ‘Introduction to Biodiversity Training’ courses in 4 different community venues throughout county Cavan. Each course will be run over 8 weeks and it will be based in community centres where the greatest demand comes from. It is planned that the training will commence in April 2019 and all details will be confirmed when you have completed the short questionnaire below. The terms of reference for this training was advertised on e-tenders and Scott Cawley Limited (Ecological Consultants) were selected to coordinate/deliver this series biodiversity training programmes.
The overall objectives of this introduction to biodiversity training is to;
- Encourage a greater awareness and understanding of what biodiversity is
- Facilitate practical/hands-on application of biodiversity measures
- Provide support to local community groups to develop a biodiversity plant for their own local area
- Inspire the confidence and knowledge required to apply for funding to undertake local biodiversity projects
Topics will include:
- An Introduction to Ecology and Biodiversity
- How to Develop a Local Biodiversity Action Plan?
- Land Management for Pollinating Insects
- How to Reduce our Waste Production and Live More Sustainably?
- Invasive Species Control
- Local Flora and Fauna
To register your interest and book your place please fully complete the following short questionnaire to help us identify your training needs: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CavanNature The deadline for submissions of applications is 5pm on Friday 22nd of March 2019. Following the 22 March, further information will be communicated about the course content, dates, timings and venues for this biodiversity training. For more information please contact Aoife O’Rourke on email: firstname.lastname@example.org